Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Thank you to all of you who were able to make it to my party last night! I had a blast and I think a lot of other people did too. The food was Amazing! The people were Amazing! It was a really great time!!

And I don't think I've ever lost so badly at chess before! So thank you also to all of you who beat me. It was a humbling experience, to say the least. HaHa! :)

This is going to be a shorty, but news in my life includes:

I was laid off from my writing job last Monday. It was shocking and just another sad commentary on our economy. I never thought I'd be laid off...wow. But the Great news is, I realized I don't want to write for money anymore (not as main income, anyway) and I want to do something completely different that I've never before attempted!! So voila! I got a job as a server at a local restaurant and I'm really super excited!! They didn't care that I have no experience. My pitch was, Give me something new and I'll be excited about it and do really great!!

So I'm excited about this little holiday break and I'm excited to start my new job at the end of it!

Today was a really great day, spending time with family, friends, eating more good food (I don't think I'll ever have to eat food again after today!! :) mmmm but I still have good pie waiting for me at home! :)

Hope you all enjoyed the day just as much doing something you love. Even if it was just sleeping and relaxing all day feeling good (or maybe sad) but at the end of all of it rested and well with much to look forward to and much to be grateful for.

Once again, and for the last time until next year: Happy Happy Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: