Saturday, November 15, 2008

Voices of the City

I really dig where I work and where I live. Today's especially interesting with the H8te Petitioners outside of the city county building, right across the street from me. Personal opinion? People should have rights to chose and people should have rights of speech. It's pretty simple. Personally I think there's a few higher priorities on the agenda of late. Like maybe the polar ice caps melting, or our economy, stuff like that, at least when it came to voting and supporting stuff.

Wow! If you think about it, it's really astonishing! All those people in CA who put up so much money to take away people's rights - what if they'd used that for Anything else, like sheltering the homeless for the winter, or research on preserving our environment!

Yes, I'm so totally excited that Obama won!! It's a little funny, I think, that gas prices have dropped since the election. It seems like a really good omen, don't you think?

Alright, lighter stuff, or heavier, depending on who you are ;)

It's now the middle of NaNoWriMo (National Writer's Month) and my word count is ...well... pathetic. For those of you wondering what I'm talking about, the goal is 50,000 words in 30 days. My goal at the beginning of the month was half that because I already had close to 25,000 on my current novel before the start of the month, and another 25,000 would put me at the necessary 50,000 total I want for it.

Thanks to NaNoWriMo I've finally beat the halfway mark!! YaY! Last I checked I was at 25,073 or something close to that. Unfortunately and honestly my quest to fill the other half isn't going quite as planned. It's the same thing that happens every year. I start off with great intentions for writing everyday at the beginning of the month, but I miss and miss and miss and pretty soon, I'm anti-writing the rest of the month. Maybe I'll make it the one month I don't write anything at all.

Wow. Me not writing. That would be like ...going without sugar (which I have done before, so bad example) or maybe air? (I've done that before too...once...but obviously not for 30 days...) ...or...well, how about for the rest of the population: texting. Can you imagine not having text messaging on your phone? (Self: yes, I can - the question is, can I imagine Having text messaging on my phone? Answer: lately, yes. it'd be great, something I'll look into) For me it might be not being able to receive texting, cuz I can still get text messages and I Love Those! **Hint**Hint** <3

Okay. I'm going to stop talking to myself now and go back to what I should be doing...work...since I'm at work... and on a Saturday... yippee. It's actually really awesome, I work at a writing center and the place is packed today with people all wanting to do NaNoWriMo writing! Go Them! Maybe I'll sneak in a few words on my own stuff :)

No comments: